How do I know I`ve chosen a good name for my domain?
Last time you chose a name for your website. We suggest you to go through a small checklist to make sure that you have chosen a perfect domain name.
- Do you have a unique domain name? First, it is impossible to register two identic names in the same domain extention. Second, you barely want your potential customer to have unnecessary associations with other companies.
- Is your domain name easy to remember? Obviously, simple and short words are much easier to remember. Moreover, it is hard to make grammar mistakes while typing it. Try to avoid numbers and hyphens in your domain name
- Is your domain name informative? The name should be associated with content of the website. It helps your potential customer/visitor to immediately understand what is it all about.
- Is your domain name positive? Any negative connotation (like abusive or provocative phrases) is disallowed (of course, if your service is not associated with them
- Is your domain name written in Latin? Despite the fact that restrictions on Cyrillic alphabet have been removed, such domain names are not yet sufficiently widespread and familiar to users.
- Did you choose the correct domain extention? Euphonious combination of the name and the domain extension affects its retention. Furthermore, it is one more way to say about your kind of business activity, belonging to a particular region etc.
Is everything checked? Congrats! All of these factors should be considered when choosing your domain name. Based on your situation you may disregard some to focus on others, and that`s OK. These factors will help you make the best choice for your business from available options.
You might also like
Mind mapping, memory or intelligence cards is a truly unique tool that helps us organize our plans and see clearly ways towards achieving our goals. We will tell you what
Analysis of competitors ‘ strategies is one of the most important components of the successful Internet marketing. These 9 online tools will help you to achieve great result quickly and
Nowadays, sales shift to the Internet. The causes of such a phenomenon are obvious. First of all, the Internet audience is almost unlimited and, secondly, with the online market there is no