Main types of SSL cerificates:
- certificates for one domain name;
- Wildcard certificates for unlimited number of domains;
- domains with Extended Validation (EV). A main feature of this type of certificates is the presence of green address bar with the name of the organization for which the certificate is issued. When users visit your website they easily understand that the website is legal so they are not araid to transmit any confidential information.
SSL certificates differ according to the method of verification during the registration:
- certificates with a domain verification, as usual you may get such certificate in 10 minutes, verification is automatical;
- certificates with organization verification, their registration may take up to 10 working days, unless the additional checks of the organization’s data are necessary.