CNAME is a type of a DNS record. It stands for Canonical Name and can be used to redirect visitors from one domain to another. Redirecting via CNAME is called aliasing.
How to add a CNAME
- Go to the Unihost Client Area.
- Click Domains.
- Click My Domains.
- Click Manage Domain.
- Click DNS management.
- Find the CNAME table.
- Click Add.
- Enter the domain you’d like to alias FROM in the field Name.
- If it is a subdomain to the current website, don’t put a fullstop at the end.
- If it is a separate domain, put a fullstop.
- Enter the domain you’d like to alias TO in the field Host. If you are aliasing to the current domain, you can simply enter @.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Liked that? We did our best, seriously! No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.