If you want to transfer a domain to Unihost, make sure that:
- You are the owner of a domain according to WHOIS database and the email in Administrative Contact field belongs to you. It doesn’t matter if the WHOIS information is locked from the third parties, as long as it is correct.
- If the listed email is not yours, contact your previous Registrar and ask him to change the e-mail address.
- The domain name is not locked by your current Registrar. You can check it in WHOIS database.
- If the status of your domain is REGISTRAR-LOCK, you have to contact your Registrar and ask him to unlock the domain.
- If the status is CUSTOMER-LOCK, you can unlock your domain by yourself.
- You have all the necessary documents for the domain transfer. Different domain zones require different documents.
- In the application to transfer .org .info .biz .in, .us, .mobi domains you have to enter a special authorization number you get from the previous domain Registrar.
- For .ru domains you have to apply in paper form with a copy of the passport attached.
- To transfer .cn domain, we need your name in the application form.
- Note that in some domains zones (like .ws and some others) domain transfer is forbidden.
How to transfer a domain to Unihost
- Tell your previous Registrar that you want to transfer the domain.
- Get from them a special code that is needed to confirm the domain transfer.
- Create a request to transfer a domain in Client Area on unihost.com.
- If you are going to transfer the domain name to .cn zone, add your full name to the application form.
- Pay for the Domain Transfer service, which will automatically renew the domain name for a year.
- In 1 day after payment, domain administrator will get an e-mail with the request to confirm the domain transfer.
- To confirm the request, click on the link in the email and enter the code given to you by the former Registrar.
- If you do not do this in 5 days, the application for the domain transfer will be closed.
- In 5-10 days the domain will be transferred and you will regain control over it.
A domain transfer is impossible, if it has been less than 60 days from the domain name registration or from the date of its last transfer. Also we can’t transfer the domain if it is being claimed by third parties and a domain which delegation ends in less than 10 days from the date of application for transfer.
How to use Unihost DNS
If you want to use our DNS servers, you need to edit the existing NS records to: ns1.skydns.net, ns2.skydns.net via the domain control panel. Then you need to configure a new DNS record.