You can add a domain to the hosting or a server via the admin panel.
How to add a www-domain to the ISPmanager
- Сlick on WWW-domains under the WWW tab
- Сlick on Create.
- Fill the fields:
- Name. Enter the name that the domain will be available at.
- Aliases. Enter the additional names that also lead to your domain. For example, www.example.com and more.example.come.
- Root directory. Leave the default value.
- IP address. By default it is the IP address for the server where your hosting account is located. If you change it, the domain will be unlinked from the website on the hosting.
- Administrator email. The contact address that will be displayed on the error pages.
- Encoding. The symbol table that is used for all the WWW-domain’s pages by default.
- Index page. List of filenames that will be provided when the URL is accessed without a specified filename. If you leave it empty, global settings will be used.
- Fill the Additional features tab:
- PHP. Check it to use PHP, which is necessary for many modern CMS.
- PHP mode. CGI is preferable.
- CGI-scripts. Check it to use CGI-scripts, which are necessary for many modern CMS.
- Click ОК to create the www-domain.
How to add a www-domain in cPanel
- Log into cPanel
- Under Domains tab click on Addon Domains
- Fill in the new domain’s name, subdomain and the root folder for the contents of its website.
- Click Add domain.
Liked that? We did our best, seriously! No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.