Caching is done to speed up your website and alleviate the load on the server overall. Next to gzip-compression, caching is one of the most popular methods of web-optimization.
How to enable caching in cPanel
- Log into cPanel
- On the dashboard, click on File manager.
- Go to the public_html folder.
- By default, .htaccess is hidden. So click the Settings button and check the Show hidden files (dotfiles) mark.
- Now click on .htaccess and click Edit.
- Add at the beginning of the file:
- After you are done with the file, click on Save changes.
How to enable caching in ISPmanager
- Click on the WWW-domains in the ISPmanager’s dashboard.
- Click on the domain you need to cache and click on Edit.
- Check the Cache configuration option and select the cache period.
- Click OК to apply the new settings.
Liked that? We did our best, seriously! No sales pitches, no games, and one-click unsubscribe.