To install HostCMS to the web hosting you have to create a domain name for the website. If the domain has already been added to the section “Domain names”, then proceed to step 2.
1. Create a database which is necessary for the correct installation of the HostCMS. Go to “Instruments” menu in the control panel -> “Domain names” and press “Create a domain” button.
Enter a name of the database using Latin alphabet, specify the encoding of the database (most often it is cp1251 or utf8), enter the username and password using Latin alphabet. To create the password you can use “Password Generator”. Save your password
2. Upload the HostCMS installation archive to web hosting. To download it see the official website HostCMS.ru. Go to “Instruments” – “File manager” and open your domain directory (in www folder).
Press “Upload file to current folder” button, select the distribution file and click “Ok”. Download the PHP installer to web hosting, too.
3.If you use install.php automatical script do the following steps: open your website using http://your_domain_name/install.php link after installing it on web hosting. Follow the instructions of the installer. Note, you may find different versions of UMI.CMS in the archive. Download the necessary version of the distribution, upload it on web hosting, to extract the archive press “Upload file to current folder” button .
Check the location of HostCMS files after extracting. If you want your website on UMI.CMS to open by the domain name then index.php file must be placed in ~/www/your_domain_name) directory (in the example it is ~/www/polzovatel49.hosting-test.org.ua directory). You may delete the archive, you do not need it any more.
4. Go to “World Wide Web” -> “WWW domain” in the control panel. Setup the domain parameters with the double click. Type “index.php” (without the quotes) in the “Index page” field and specify the encoding (the same as for the database, utf8 by default).
5. Тo install HostCMS on web hosting open your website in the browser:
Follow the prompts of the system, agree to the License contract, make sure that web hosting from unihost.com fully meets the requirements of HostCMS (testing was carried out at the minimum plan “Site”):
6. Then you have to specify the user data and the database that we previously created (Paragraph 1.). The address of the database server on unihost.com web hosting is localhost.
7. Choose the template of your website and its color scheme (if it is available for template), enter your organization data (you may edit it later using website settings). When UMI.CMS installation is completed you will see the data necessary to enter the administrative part of your website:
The selected template will be displayed on your website on a direct link. You may fill it with the content now. To do it log in to the administrative part of the website control Panel using http://your_domain_name/admin link. We recommend to change the password to complicated one after logging in to the control panel to avoid hacking the website.
If you have any further questions you may contact our support team via online chat or email: [email protected] We are always pleased to help You.