To move NetCat to the web hosting you have to create a domain name for the website. Read how to do it in the tutorial: How to add a new domain to the web hosting. If the domain has already been added to the section “Domain names”, then proceed to the next step.
1. Create a database, it is necessary for the correct installation of the NetCat. Go to “Instruments” menu in the control panel -> “Domain names” and press “Create a domain” button.
Enter a name of the database using Latin alphabet, specify the encoding of the database (most often it is cp1251 or utf8), enter the username and password using Latin alphabet. To create the password you can use “Password Generator”. Save your password!
2. Upload the NetCat installation archive to web hosting. To download it see the official website NetCat. Go to “Instruments” menu – “File manager” tab (in your web hosting control panel).
Open your domain directory (it is placed in “www” folder). Press “Upload file to current folder”, select the distribution file and click “Ok”.
3. If you use install.php automatical script do the following steps: open your website using http://your_domain_name/install.php link after installing it on web hosting. Follow the instructions of the installer. Note, you may find different versions of NetCat in the archieve. Download the necessary version of the distribution, upload it on web hosting and extract the archive (click on “Extract files to the current directory”). .
Check the location of the NetCat files. If you want your website on NetCat to open with the domain name, make sure that index.php file is placed in ~/www/your_domain_name directory (e.g., ~/www/polzovatel49.hosting-test.org.ua directory). You may delete the archieve, it is unnecessary any more.
4. Go to “World Wide Web” menu -> “WWW domain” tab in the control panel. Open domain parameters with the double click. Type “index.php” (without the quotes) in the “Index page” field and specify the encoding (the same as for the database, utf8 by default).
5. To install NetCat on web hosting open your website in the browser (http://your-domain or http://your-domain/install). You have to see the following window:
If something goes wrong check the directory where you have extracted the distribution.
Press “Ready to test” and you will see the information that web hosting from unihost.com meets the NetCat requirements (the service was tested on the minimal plan “Site”).
6. Then you have to specify the user data and the database that we previously created (Paragraph 1.). The address of the database server on unihost.com web hosting is localhost.
7. You have to choose the NetCat version for installation:
And generate a password for the administrative part of the website. We recommend to use difficult symbol combinations to protect your website againsr hackers.
8. At the ast step you receive the information necessary to manage your website:
Congratulations, NetCat installation is completed. The selected template will be displayed on your website on a direct link. You may fill it with the content now.To do it log in to the administrative part of the website following the link: http://your_domain_name/admin.
If you have any further questions you may contact our support team via online chat or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always pleased to help You.