In this guide, I will show you how to install Proxmox Mail Gateway on your server.
- 1 CPU’s
- 4 GB RAM
- 10 GB free disk space (SSD highly preferred)
Install from ISO image
Download installation ISO image from proxmox.com
Mount the ISO and run the installation.
Install from repository
You need a clean installation of Debian Linux.
Change a hostname.
hostnamectl set-hostname hostname
Now you should set up the repository and install the key as follows:
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pmg buster pmg-no-subscription" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pmg-enterprise.list wget http://download.proxmox.com/debian/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg
Update a repository and run the installation.
apt update apt install proxmox-mailgateway
- I will change internal SMTP port to 2525
2. Add DNSBL sites to mail proxy config.
b.barracudacentral.org, zen.spamhaus.org, dnsbl.sorbs.net
3. Add my server IP to a trusted network.
4. I will enable mail filter rules for both directions.
That’s it, Proxmox Mail Gateway has been successfully installed and configured.