Dedicated server is a popular type of service provided by hosting providers. Using it, you rent a physical server located at the data center site. When to upgrade to a dedicated server? This solution is especially important if you need a separate server, but for some reason cannot buy it.
So, what is a dedicated server? A physical machine suitable for high traffic sites and projects where unique server settings or high processing power of hardware are required. The hardware configuration is chosen by the client depending on his needs. A dedicated server can be called:
- Physical. This refers to the physical equipment that will give the site power.
- Virtual. The client is provided with space that resides on a physical server. It is restricted from the impact of other sites and software.
Now let’s look at the main advantages of renting a dedicated server. These include:
- Large traffic, high performance.
- Sufficient level of security and reliability of the web resource.
- The ability to customize the server settings.
It should not be confused with regular shared hosting. Let’s see how a dedicated server differs from a virtual one and highlight the main advantages of the first option:
- If we talk about a virtual server, then the same server can be used by multiple users with multiple sites. What does dedicated server mean? The fact that the rented space belongs to the client and is in his sole use. So that you can control all the processes that take place on it.
- Dedicated server is the highest security standards, guaranteed stable and reliable operation.
Why is a dedicated server better than hosting and what are the features of a dedicated server? Many site owners have switched to Dedicated because it:
- Reliable data protection from online fraudsters and crackers.
- There are more spare resources left that can be used to speed up work.
- Providing redundancy and the ability to have constant access to the database, even if the server is being serviced.
- Access to the web resource from anywhere in the world.
If you choose a dedicated server, the pros and cons always show up in the process. But there are many more advantages than disadvantages, which can be attributed only to the price. On the other hand, it is fully justified by the wide possibilities that the client receives.
How to manage a dedicated server
If you decide to rent a dedicated server, how to manage it is the first question that arises. Did you order it from Unihost? Then the control process will be quite simple!
Remote control takes place via IPMI and provides:
- Turn on, turn off, restart the server.
- Monitoring of temperature indicators.
- Remote connection of storage media for software installation.
What operating systems can be installed on a dedicated server?
- VMware ESXi;
- Windows Server.
You can get access to the server in this way:
- Linux OS – over an encrypted SSH connection.
- Windows OS – via RDP.
We give ISPmanager 6 Lite control panel to each server. If for some reason ISPmanager 6 is not suitable, you can purchase another panel – cPanel, Plesk. Please note that additional IPs can be ordered from us. Do you have any questions or difficulties? Our support service works in a 24/7 format and helps to quickly fix any problems.
Unihost also provides a unique service – free administration of a dedicated server, which includes a full range of IT services. Advantages of a dedicated server and administration by our specialists:
- Backup settings to keep all data in absolute safety. Please note that if you order a dedicated server in Germany, you can get a free backup space of 100 – 500 GB.
- Installing an SSL certificate that increases the security of the site with clients.
- Cleaning from viruses and malware, including automatic scanning for infection and malicious code.
- Server management. Choosing a dedicated server from Unihost is the best option for uninterrupted infrastructure maintenance.
- Round-the-clock system monitoring – check for viruses, performance and health of servers, local file system.
If you are looking for where to rent a dedicated server that will be easy to manage, be sure to consider our offer. Contact Unihost representatives via the chat on the site, and we will tell you about all the nuances of using, as well as tell you which dedicated server to choose.
Why a dedicated server is better than a VPS: reasons for switching to Dedicated
Many people are familiar with the dilemma: vps or dedicated server? We have already talked about some of the advantages of a dedicated server, now we will touch on this issue in more detail. If we consider which is better, a dedicated server or a cloud, then we can say: only a dedicated server provides full control over the rented physical machine. What are the functions of a dedicated server? Using it, the client can choose any OS, avoid infrastructure-related problems, and perform specific settings of any complexity.
We think that a more than a definite answer to the question of why you need to rent a dedicated server and why is it better than vps, in this table:
|Dedicated server properties
Thus, the only advantage of VPS hosting is that a dedicated server has a much higher cost. But in the long term, choosing the right dedicated server with broad capabilities is much more profitable for your business.
Who is a dedicated virtual server for?
What is a dedicated server for and for what projects will it be profitable to rent it? Let’s consider this issue in more detail. For example, you are the owner of a site that is growing rapidly and steadily and the number of visitors reaches a huge mark. If the web resource is at the same time on a cloud hosting, the number of potential problems also increases rapidly. First of all, we are talking about the spread of viruses. Moving to your own hardware is the best way to avoid possible troubles.
When do you need a dedicated server yet? First of all, when there is a desire to improve the performance of the entire system to increase business success and leadership in search results.
Does server location affect the result: server differences by region
Where is the best place to get a dedicated server? Unihost is a dedicated server rental in different parts of the world:
- United Kingdom;
- Hong Kong;
- Russia, etc.
Choosing a dedicated server is easy. However, it is important to remember that if the server is located in the same region as the end users, access to it will be much faster. Also consider the goals and objectives of the business. For example, renting in the UK and France is most beneficial for projects that involve multiple servers that can be connected to a virtual local area network using an encrypted channel. They are ideal for:
- Entertainment web resources with a lot of user traffic.
- Consulting companies.
- Cryptocurrency miners.
- Enterprises planning to deploy infrastructure.
- Internet shops of international and national level.
- Online cinemas, etc.
Where to buy a dedicated server if you want to create a national or international online store? To achieve such an ambitious task, you will need Dedicated, which works with Intel Xeon processors and ECC memory. Therefore, a good option is a dedicated server in Germany. You can also rent a dedicated server in the USA, which has a direct connection to the main highways of the country. Please note that unlimited traffic and DDoS protection are provided free of charge. Thus, which dedicated server is the best depends on the focus of your project, and great options can be found even for modest rent.
Who needs a dedicated server and for what project
Do you need a dedicated server for you? You can understand this if you answer yourself to 3 questions:
- Is the site getting traffic in excess of 500,000 page views per month?
- Do you need highly specialized equipment?
- Does the resource work in a highly regulated area?
If the answer to at least one of these questions is in the affirmative, we advise you to think about the question of renting, which is an excellent option for such projects:
- web applications for processing sensitive customer data;
- mature sites with consistently high traffic;
- e-commerce sites;
- sites that need a high level of protection.
How to choose a dedicated server
The selection of dedicated servers by parameters is a task that must be taken seriously. Be sure to find out about all the details and features of the equipment, because the success of your project directly depends on it. The main criteria that we advise you to consider:
- processor power;
- the amount of disk memory and space;
- location of data centers in relation to your location;
- the ability to get remote access via KVM at any time of the day;
- network connection speed and monthly volume of allocated traffic;
- quality of technical support.
Be sure to check with your service provider how much it costs to rent a dedicated server and what is included in the package. A reliable company will definitely provide detailed information on this topic and talk about the benefits that you will receive in the course of cooperation.
How to choose a Dedicated server tariff
How much does a dedicated server from Unihost cost? Rental rates are different. The following parameters have a direct impact on them:
- Number of Cores.
- The amount of RAM.
- Number of IPs.
- Disk type.
- Connection channel width.
- Server categories.
The location of where to get a dedicated server is also important. Be sure to take into account the geographic location of your employees and the main goals of the business. Of course, in some countries, renting will cost more, but on the other hand, it will pay for itself, because the server will function more efficiently.
Many people are afraid to overpay and try to save on literally everything. We are supporters of reasonable spending, but we must warn you: total savings can play a cruel joke with your business. If the project is developing dynamically, in the near future there may be a shortage of server resources, as well as the need to rent a new one. We do not recommend forgetting about the constantly growing software needs.
Dedicated servers cost
How much does a dedicated server for a website cost? More detailed information on the topic is in the corresponding section of the site. Unihost prices start at 12.90 € per month. Our company is guided by the principles of transparent pricing, so we always inform our clients in detail about the full package of services included in the tariff, equipment, additional options.
We also guarantee each tenant discounts and bonuses that help to save money without sacrificing quality:
- Free control panel ISPmanager 6 Lite (regular price – 7 € per month). It is a complete analogue of cPanel, which allows you to manage the server without a console.
- Loyalty program. We provide each client with a 2.5% discount on servers with a billing cycle of 6 months and more and a 5% discount on servers with a billing cycle of 12 months or more.
- $ 10 discount on a server in Germany, Canada, Poland or France with a promotional code.
Unihost also guarantees that the equipment rented from us will not fail, because we regularly test it for stability and performance. Should this occur, the replacement will be carried out entirely at our expense.
How to pay for a dedicated server? The site offers many payment methods, from which you can choose the most optimal one for you.
Summing up, we note that when choosing a dedicated server, it is important to take into account the possibilities of the budget and the rate of business growth. You also need to be prepared for the fact that Dedicated will require better technical training, but, on the other hand, it will give you the opportunity to work with the server at your own discretion. With its help, you will fully control security measures, software, increase traffic and resource bandwidth.
We hope this article was helpful. Follow the updates of our blog and order the rental of remote servers at the best quality / price ratio!