GMail is the best mail service. In Inbox mode it is easy and fun to use, while in Classic mode it can be setup any way you want. That’s why many website owners prefer to connect their mail domain to GMail.
There are two ways to use your domain email with Gmail:
- Set up the redirection from your own domain email to Gmail account;
- Connect your domain to Gmail using G Suit service.
How to setup redirection between GMail and your own domain
The easiest way to connect your mail domain to GMail is redirection. It’s free and will take only a couple of minutes. On the other hand, you will have to support a hosting or a server, to which the domain is connected, and keep it constantly online.
- Go to https://mail.google.com
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right.
- Click on Settings.
- On the settings page, click on Accounts tab.
- Click on Add an email account, in order to connect your domain to GMail.
- Enter you email adress and click Next.
- Enter your password and choose the correct POP3 server (usually Google’s suggestion is correct). Then click on Add account.
Now letters from your domain will go straight into your GMail or Inbox.
How to connect a domain to G Suite
G Suite is Google’s service package for business. It allows you to connect all Google services (Drive, Calendar, GMail etc.) to accounts on your own domain.
It costs $5 per month for every account on your domain, although the first two weeks are free. But in this case you do not need a server or a hosting — all redirection is done at the domain level.
IMPORTANT: Before you can connect your domain to G Suite, you need to create a G Suite account at https://gsuite.google.com/intl/
- Go to Unihost Client Area.
- Click Domains > My Domains
- Click Manage Domain at the domain which you want to connect to G Suite
- Click DNS Management
- Under MX (Mail Exchanger) hover your cursor over the Action field and click on the red cross to delete the current record.
- Now click Add
- Create the following records:
Приоритет Адрес TTL 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 3600 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 3600 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 3600 10 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 3600 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 3600
- At the bottom of the page click Save
The new MX-records will be activated in the next 72 hours.