In order to setup a domain on the web hosting, you need to access the control panel.
How to setup a domain in ISPmanager
- Click on WWW domains.
- Click on World Wide Web.
- Select the required domain.
- Press the Edit button.
- Fill in the fields:
- Domain name. Name of the domain that was created before.
- Alias. A www alias will be automatically created with www, you may also add others to the corresponding field.
- IP address. Web hosting server 220.127.116.11. IP address is used by default
- E-mail of the administrator. E-mail you`ve entered will be displayed as the contact on the error pages if they occur.
- Encoding. Utf8 encofing is used on server by default. If you have any troubles (some specific symbols are not displayed), you need to set the cp1251 encoding.
- Default page. Enter the name of your main page (e.g., index.php). If you do not fill in the field index.html page will be used by default.
- Auto subdomains. The function is responsible for creating subdomains by adding a folder in the corresponding directory. This reduces the subdomain creation time.
- PHP. Select the PHP mode as CGI, the Cgi-bin box will be checked automatically.
- SSL. If you plan to use data transfer via https, check the box and then enter the port (443 by default).
Further actions depend on where you registered the domain and what NS servers you are using.
- If you registered the WWW domain in Unihost and use NS records by default, you have nothing to do.
- If you have another registrar and use other DNS records you have to change the settings in ISPmanager control panel
- Click on Main
- Click on Domain names.
- Select the necessary domain and click Change
- You have to change the Name servers field settings. By default they are set to our NS servers: ns1.skydns.net and ns2.skydns.net.
- You may check the NA addresses with your domain registrar.
- Change the IP address in the A record on DNS servers to make your domain available via Internet.
Your domain will be available via Internet when the records for NS servers are updated. The NS servers update may take different time: from several minutes up to 48 hours (during this period your domain will be unavailable).
How to setup a domain in cPanel
cPanel does not require any sort of specific setup. Overall, if you are using cPanel, most of the domain-related settings are located not in the control panel, but in your Unihost Client Area.
For example, if you want to update the DNS records, use this manual: How to update the DNS records.