FTP account is a necessary tool for managing your website. You may log in with your username and password, connect to the server and manage your website files (view and edit existing files or upload new files).
Using CPanel control panel you may give access to the FTP accounts to other users, they may also get access to the files of your FTP account.
To add the FTP account:
1. Click on “FTP Accounts” button on the main page of your CPanel.
2. Enter the name of the FTP account and the password.
3. Type the path to the directory to which the FTP account will have access.
Warning: If you type the path to the root directory of your website using the slash (/) all users with the correct password will be able to add, edit and delete all the files on your website. It is strongly recommended to limit the FTP account to a small part of your web site (separate directory).
4. Press “Create the FTP account” button.
Note: Entering FTP server, make sure that the username you type is similar to that one which was specified for this account in FTP Manager.
You will receive a notice “Account is created” after the successful adding of the FTP account . You will also see a username and a path to the directory below.
How to change the FTP account’s password
It is recommended to change the passwords for the FTP accounts regularly in order to gain unauthorized access to your website by third parties.
To change the FTP password:
1. Press “FTP Accounts” button on the main page.
2. Select the FTP account and press “Change the password”.
3. Type the new password in the field or press “Password Generator” button.
4. Click on “Change the password” button.
To delete the FTP account:
1. Press “FTP Accounts” on the main page.
2. Press “Delete” button.
3. If you need to remove a root directory put the check mark in the specified field.
You may also use a quickly setup of your FTP client. Press “Setup FTP client” button and select a configuration file necessary for your client.